Many Dentists fear they are unprepared to effectively recognize, successfully manage and correctly treat medical emergencies that may occur their practice. This course will provide Dentists and their staff a system to identify emergencies before they occur, the tools to respond successfully to a crisis, and the staff training necessary to prevent confusion and fear in the event of an emergency.
You will be prepared to:
- RECOGNIZE impending medical emergencies.
- Review the signs and symptoms of the seven most commonly occurring medical emergencies with emphasis on specific factors that influence dental treatment
- RESPOND to “events” with clarity, knowledge and conviction.
- Outline the specific interceptive, pharmacological and staff responsibilities
- REESTABLISH office protocol and train your staff.
- Incorporate streamlined, efficient procedures
- Designate specific duties and responsibilities for each staff member
- Customize response protocol for staff of any size
- REFRESH your knowledge of equipment and drug essentials.
- Spreadsheets outlining monthly emergency drills
- Maintenance logs for equipment and supplies
- Contents of a concise, effective 911 call
- Documentation system for Post Incident use
Future Speaking Engagements
- Western Regional Dental Convention/ Arizona March 2015
- Dental Town Townie Convention, April 2015
Previous Speaking Engagements
- Star of the South Dental Meeting, Houston, Texas 2012, 2013
- Texas A&M Continuing Education Summer Conference Lubbock, Texas 2012
- Beaumont District Dental Society Study Club
- Pearland Modern Dentistry (Pacific Dental Services)